Health & Safety - Overview
Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT) is a multi-academy sponsor responsible for a network of primary and secondary schools across the country. We are committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, students, contractors, visitors and others who may be directly affected by our activities. We strive to be benchmark of health & safety good practice across all sectors in which OAT operates.
In accordance with OAT Governance: Schemes of Delegation, the Trustees will be accountable for:
- Instituting a health and safety policy
- Determining, on an annual basis, those polices which will be developed by OAT and mandatory for all OAT academies
- Making available to academies, on an annual basis, copies of all current policies and procedures and a schedule for their review, to review and update policies where allocated to the academy
- Checking that health and safety regulations are followed
Academies are responsible for:
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are followed
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures
In order to achieve this, we will ensure:
- Effective health and safety management systems are established and embedded throughout our organisation
- Provision of a productive and safe learning environment
- The setting, monitoring and management of health & safety performance against clear goals and objectives
- That suitable allocation of resources is provided to ensure effective health, safety and risk management
- Maintenance of safe systems of work and safe plant and equipment
- Provision of information, instruction, training and supervision as necessary
- Identification and assessment of hazards and risks and the allocation of adequate resources to implement effective control measures
- Provision of competent health & safety advice for all employees and associates
- Joint consultation with employees on health & safety matters
- Provide clear and regular communication around our health & safety performance.
More information can be found in our health and safety policy which is available under the home tab of this website.