Information, Advice and Guidance/Careers:
The careers education and work related curriculum will strive to meet the following learning outcomes for years 7 – 13:
Developing themselves through career and work related learning education:
- Self determination
- Self-Improvement as a learner
- Making the most of careers and work related activities and experiences
- Showing initiative and enterprise
Learning about careers and the world of work:
- Understanding careers and career growth
- Understanding work and working life
- Understanding business and industry
- Investigating career and labour market information
- Respecting equality of opportunity and diversity
- Maintaining health and safety
Developing career management and employability skills:
- Making the most of guidance and support
- Preparing for the continuing learning and employability
- Developing personal financial capability
- Investigating choices and opportunities
- Planning and deciding
- Handling applications and selection
This will be delivered through:
- Learning 4 Success sessions
- Across the curriculum – such as C.V. writing in literacy
- Through trips and visits – including careers fairs
- Through guest speakers and visitors
This widget can be used to explore and compare key information about occupations to support the process of identifying potential careers.
The Careerometer widget provides access to a selection of headline data relating to pay, weekly hours of work and future employment prospects.
The data are organised by occupation: simply type in the title of the job you are interested in and the widget provides a series of options from which you can select the most relevant to you.
Useful Website Links:
Lead for CEIAG:
Lee Groucott firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Experience Coordinator:
Julie Yates email@example.com
All information regarding the OSCA 2020-21 CEIAG programme can be found in the Provider Access Careers Policy - to be reviewed July 202
OSCA fulfills the Gatsby Benchmarks, as outlined in the Gatsby Benchmarks linked document.
Employers wishing to enquire about future partnerships please contact the Lead for CEIAG.
OSCA works in partnership with SIPS Education <https://sipseducation.co.uk/services/education-business-partnership/
OSCA is a recognised Gold Standard Quality Award provider for CEIAG - to be reviewed in July 2021